Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sandwich Anyone???

No, not that kind of sandwich!  A quilt sandwich...


I finished my Star Light, Star Bright 'star' and got it sandwiched and ready to quilt.  I usually sandwich my little quilts on the bed on Sunday when I have the bedding stripped off.  However, a few weeks ago I sandwiched one of my mom's baby quilts on her dining room table.  OH MY GOSH!  What a difference that added height makes...I will be going over there to sandwich all future baby quilts and save my poor aching back.  I also sandwiched the second red, white, and blue Asterisk baby quilt.  Now to get my 'free motion' on and get after it...but not this weekend....maybe next...



I have a larger quilt top ready to go to the long-arm quilter.  I would really like to quilt these larger ones myself but I am afraid to try to sandwich a big quilt.  Yep, I know!  I'm a big old fraidy cat!  (Those are 16" blocks!)  So I pressed it, bought a backing, and will take it by her house this week - I hope.  I chose a black and white chevron for the backing.... pretty....
 

The Sassy Quilter's Triangle Quilt Along started last Friday - choose fabrics, post a picture, get entered for a prize....not too late to join in....

~Bri



1 comment: