Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Win and a Finish...

Well, I did go ahead and get the next step done on the "Happy Quilting" Star Light, Star Bright Quilt Along.  


And I am so glad I did!  I posted a picture on the linky and won the weekly prize - three of Melissa Corry's patterns. YAY!  I already had "In Your Neighborhood" - I bought it when she published it a few months ago.  I chose "Salutations", "Boxed In and Out", and "Simply By Design" as my prize....awesome blossom!  We now have 3 weeks to complete the last step.  To enter the contest, I only have to complete the top.  However, I hope to finish the entire thing - quilt and bind - so it will be in the "parade" - not exactly sure what all of this means, but that's OK.  I'm learning....and I'm having fun doing it...

Remember my Stash Bee blocks from last year?  I asked for the Asterisk Block and got about 50 blocks.  I put them together into two baby quilt tops.  I finished one and the other is still just a top.  I plan to donate both to charitable organizations through the two different guilds I belong to....Yes, two...long story....for another day...


See the numbers?  That's the backing!!!  I think it is so neat...and the striped binding...oooh laaa laaaa!


What do you think of the big picture?  At our weekly guild meeting last week, a few of the more prolific bloggers had a panel discussion on blogging.  It was very interesting to me as I am trying to do more with my blog.  It was noted that pictures are very important and should be as big as possible.  So I'm going to go with bigger pictures and see what I think...Seems really big to me....LOL...I'm going to go ahead and try out a bigger font as well....so adventurous today...

I didn't get any sewing done this weekend.  My daughter told me I had to read the book "Divergent" since the movie comes out next week and I am taking her.  Surprise!  I finished the book, and it was OK.  I probably won't read the 2nd and 3rd books in the series until after we see the movie.  I guess this is the next big thing after "Hunger Games" which I absolutely loved - the books and the movies.  Since I couldn't get the book from the library immediately, she "allowed" me to read the book on her Kindle, and I am thinking I may need a Kindle.  I couldn't sleep one night and got the Kindle to read in bed - so much lighter than the iPad - and the back-light doesn't blind you in the dark the way the iPad and iPhone do.  Hmmmmm....

Have a great week!

Bri



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Winning Bri!!! How Fun! Love your wavy quilting on the Asterick quilt...just Beautiful...Looks hard to do too..to keep them all uniform....I love how you changed thread colors..perfect..(I also need to make my post font larger)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra - the wavy line is a stretched out zig zag stitch. On my Janome, I set the width to 4.9 and the length to 2.5. I learned this at the retreat I went to last year and have used it quite a bit.

      Delete