Saturday, March 1, 2014

Catching up...

I did finally finish the Little Red Riding Hood quilt I started in June of last year at our guild's quilt retreat. Baby girl Callie was born in late August, and she got the quilt some time in October....I really meant to have the quilt done BEFORE she was born, but good intentions and all that...just didn't work out....someday, I will actually have the baby quilt ready before the baby arrives..... maybe.... But I must say I am very pleased with how the quilt turned out.  I ended up finding that elusive red and white striped fabric for the binding, and it looked as wonderful as I had hoped.  My free motion quilting still needs work, but I believe I am making progress.  



One of these days I'm going to remember to track how much time I spend making a quilt - from choosing a pattern, to choosing fabric, to cutting, to sewing, to quilting, to binding. People always ask how much time I spent on a quilt, and I honestly have no idea.  Do you track how many hours you spend on a particular project?  I tend to bounce around from one to another so it might be hard to keep up with.  I just never think of it until I'm too far into the project for it to be effective...sigh....

In between quilting and binding, etc, I made a few more of the 2013 Sugar Block Club blocks!  Amazing....I still have a few more to make but it's been a while since I looked so I'm not even sure where I am....I didn't sign up for 2014...yet....probably won't....might....






Of the three BOMs I committed to at the beginning of last year, the Sugar Block is the only one I have halfway kept up with.  I never even started on the Lucky Stars....paper piecing still eludes me...LOL....I'm not even sure where I am on the Oklahoma City Modern Quilt Guild BOM .  Maybe I'll check on that some day...

Have a good one!

Bri

1 comment:

  1. Lol you sound just like me! I work on several different projects at a time so there's no way I could keep track of my time. Plus my BOMs are all way behind too. I've actually decided to redo all of my lucky stars blocks, I ran out of background fabric for my sugar club ones, and I gave up on the MQG ones :). I love the red rising hood quilt though!!

    ReplyDelete