Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Little More Progress...

So happy to be back to sewing!!  I got the last two rows of the Bee in My Bonnet Row Along finished just in time for the next clue to come out on Wednesday.  Just love these little cocoa mugs.  Lori had us make the flying geese with a 'no waste method' that was pretty cool.  I had never seen it before - had always sewn the square to the corner then whacked it off.  Either making a tiny HST or tossing the fabric.  Hated the waste but didn't know a better way....now I do!

I also got my November Stash Bee blocks completed.  Laura asked us to make a self-portrait of ourselves and a pet.  Not sure this looks much like me - I do have curly hair, but I forgot the glasses.  This was applique which I keep wanting to learn to do but haven't taken the time to do so.  I did these raw edge applique.  My darling little Singer, Eve, only goes straight - no zig zagging for her...


Other than sewing, I've been on a bit of a baking binge.  So thrilled it is finally cool enough to turn on the oven.  Made sugar cookies yesterday and peanut butter cookies and brownies today.  Getting geared up for turkey and dressing, etc.  Got out my only Thanksgiving decorations and sat them on my sewing table.  It wasn't until I took the picture that I realized I have Easter eggs still sitting on my table.  Not much of a holiday decorator...oh well...I love my little turkey guy!  He looks a little put out with me...haha!




Last night I chose my fabrics for Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery and the About.com New Year's Day Mystery - unless I change my mind about them before then.  I won't show pictures yet - just in case.

Now to make some binding for the leaves quilt.  Hopefully there will be pictures of that quilt before too long.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

~Bri

1 comment: