Monday, September 17, 2012

A Change of Plans...

Last week, I had visualized my ‘second-ever’ blog post to be titled ‘My First Stash Bee Blocks’.  Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten those made yet….oops!  I do have a good reason, excuse, etc – today is my daughter’s birthday, she was off work all weekend, and she had me out and about all weekend shopping.  She was looking for the perfect fall jacket.  She ended up with what I would consider more of a coat, but she’s happy – so I am happy.  Maybe I’ll get to the blocks next weekend…

I did do one ‘quilty’ thing last week to share.  I bought fabric for a backing for this quilt.  It’s actually a throw or lap quilt – only about 60” square.

If you’ve never done a ‘tesselating’ quilt, let me tell you the biggest challenge is planning.  You have to choose all of your fabrics and their placement BEFORE you start sewing!  Crazy!!!  But each block interconnects with its neighbors.  Well, let me tell you, that is not how I normally piece.  I make my blocks scrappy and then I lay them out and figure out where each will go.  Having to plan ahead proved quite a challenge.  I really am glad that top is finished.  Now to get the backing pieced so I can take it to the ‘long-arm lady’ to be quilted.  It’s a retirement gift I expect to need by the end of the year…nothing official yet, but I am trying to stay one step ahead…

Ohhhhh….almost forgot….I found these lovely remnants in the bin…BOOMER SOONER!!!!  Almost a yard and a half…hmmmmmm…….
 

~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment